Admission to the Doctoral Program
There is a biannual application deadline for the AICES doctoral program:
|October 15th||February 1 - June 30|
|April 15th||August 1 - December 31|
As there are no course requirements for the doctoral program, the actual starting date is negotiable for the time period following a deadline. You may indicate your preferred starting date in your application.
Prospective students should file their application as early as possible to allow sufficient time for planning. It is recommended to apply at least one semester before the intended starting date. Note that decisions on admissions are not usually made before the next regularly scheduled application deadline.
- a recent Master's degree in , engineering, geoscience, mathematics, physics or computer science
- evidence of English-language skills
- a high quality of scholarship evident from transcripts and other application materials
Be certain to include all items from our Checklist in your application package:
- a signed and completed application form
- an up-to-date CV
- transcript(s) from universities you have attended
- a statement of purpose
- TOEFL score or other evidence of English skills
- three letters of recommendation
To apply send all documents as a PDF(files) to:
The AICES Graduate School and RWTH Aachen University do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or national or ethnic origin. Read more here.