Dr. Hui Wang
Random Field Application on Geoscience and Stochastic Geological Modelling
AICES Graduate School
RWTH Aachen University
Office: room 207 (GRS building, 2nd floor)
Phone: +49(0)241 80 99 128
Fax: +49(0)241 80 628 498
- 2012.8-2015.6 Ph.D. interdisciplinary program, Department of Civil Engineering, The University of Akron, Akron, OH, USA.
- 2009.9-2012.5 M.S. Department of Civil Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China.
- 2005.9- 2009.7 B.S. Department of Civil Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China.
- Since 2015.8 Postdoctoral Research Associate at AICES
- 2012.8 - 2015.7 Graduate Research Assistant at the University of Akron
Stochastic simulation algorithms for geological modeling and uncertainty quantification; Reliability analysis; Random fields; Machine learning.
Refereed Journal Publications
- Wang, H., Yajima, A., Liang, R.Y. and Castaneda, H., 2015. Bayesian modeling of external corrosion in underground pipelines based on the integration of Markov chain Monte Carlo techniques and clustered inspection data. Computer‐Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 30(4), pp.300-316.
- Wang, H., Yajima, A., Liang, R.Y. and Castaneda, H., 2015. A Bayesian model framework for calibrating ultrasonic in-line inspection data and estimating actual external corrosion depth in buried pipeline utilizing a clustering technique. Structural Safety, 54, pp.19-31.
- Li, Z., Wang, X., Wang, H. and Liang, R.Y., 2016. Quantifying stratigraphic uncertainties by stochastic simulation techniques based on Markov random field. Engineering Geology, 201, pp.106-122.
- Wang, H., Yajima, A., Liang, R.Y. and Castaneda, H., 2015. A clustering approach for assessing external corrosion in a buried pipeline based on hidden Markov random field model. Structural Safety, 56, pp.18-29.
- Yajima, A., Wang, H., Liang, R.Y. and Castaneda, H., 2015. A clustering based method to evaluate soil corrosivity for pipeline external integrity management. International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 126, pp.37-47.
- Wang, X., Li, Z., Wang, H., Rong, Q. and Liang, R.Y., 2016. Probabilistic analysis of shield-driven tunnel in multiple strata considering stratigraphic uncertainty. Structural Safety, 62, pp.88-100.
- Wang, H., Yajima, A., Liang, R.Y. and Castaneda, H., 2015. Reliability-based temporal and spatial maintenance strategy for integrity management of corroded underground pipelines. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, pp.1-14.
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Wang, H., Huang, H. and Liang, R.Y., 2014, May. Reliability Evaluation of Segment Joints in Metro Tunnel using MCMC Techniques and Bayesian Inferential Structure. In Geo-Shanghai 2014.
- Yajima, A., Wang, H., Castaneda, H. and Liang, R., 2014. Application of Cluster Analysis for Soil Corrosivity Assessment. In Transportation Research Board 93rd Annual Meeting (No. 14-3945).
- Pattern-based analysis of subsurface heterogeneities and its application to generate spatial property distributions for process simulations, Geo-Merlin, Berlin, Germany (2015)
- A Bayesian 3D data fusion and unsupervised joint segmentation approach for stochastic geological modelling using Hidden Markov random fields, Session ERE1.1 Energy, Resources & the Environment, EGU General Assembly 2016, Vienna, Austria (2016)
- Wang, H., 2015. Modelling of External Corrosion Propagation for Buried Pipelines Based on Stochastic Processes (Doctoral dissertation, University of Akron).