Dr. Reza Ghaffari
Advanced Continuum Frictional Models for Atomistic Systems
Advisor / Co. Advisor
Continuum Mechanical Models of Atomistic Surface Manifolds
AICES Graduate School
RWTH Aachen University
Phone: +49 241 80 99750
Fax: +49 241 80 628498
- 10/2015 - 06/2019 Doctoral studies in Mechanical Engineering, Aachen Institute for Advanced Study in Computational Engineering Science, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- 09/2011 - 02/2012 M.Sc. in Aerospace Structures, Aerospace Department, Sharif University, Iran
- 09/2006 - 07/2010 B.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace Department, KNT-University, Iran
- Nonlinear continuum mechanics, finite element and thermoelasticity
- Computational contact (frictional & adhesive contact)
- Multiscale simulation
- Molecular mechanics and dynamics, and quantum mechanics
- Structural dynamics and vibration of continuous systems
- Isogeometric analysis (IGA)
- Plasticity and damage mechanics
Publications (arranged by online publication)
- Ghaffari, R. and Sauer, R. A. (2020), A nonlinear thermomechanical formulation for anisotropic volume and surface continua. Math. Mech. Solids, accepted, preprint.
- Ghaffari, R., Shirazian, F., Hu, M., and Sauer, R. A. (2019), A nonlinear hyperelasticity model for single layer blue phosphorus based on ab-initio calculations. Proc. Royal Soc. Lond. A: Math. Phys. Eng. Sci., 475:20190149. preprint.
- Mokhalingam, A., Ghaffari, R., Gupta, S. S., and Sauer, R. A. (2019). On nonlinear vibrational properties of graphene-based structures. Carbon, 159:478-494, preprint.
- Ghaffari, R. and Sauer, R. A. (2018), Modal analysis of graphene-based structures for large deformations, contact and material nonlinearities. J. Sound Vib., 423:161-179, preprint.
- Ghaffari, R. and Sauer, R. A. (2018), A new efficient hyperelastic finite element model for graphene and its application to carbon nanotubes and nanocones. Finite Elem. Anal. Des., 146:42-61, preprint.
- Sauer, R. A., Ghaffari, R., and Gupta A. (2019), The multiplicative deformation split for shells with application to growth, chemical swelling, thermoelasticity, viscoelasticity and elastoplasticity. Int. J. Solids Struct.,174-175:53-68, preprint.
- Shirazian, F., Ghaffari, R., Hu, M., and Sauer, R. A. (2018), Hyperelastic material modeling of graphene based on density functional calculations. Proc. Appl. Math. Mech., 18:e201800419.
- Ghaffari, R., Duong, T. X., and Sauer, R. A. (2018), A new shell formulation for graphene structures based on existing ab-initio data. Int. J. Solids Struct., 135:37-60, preprint.
- Ghaffari, R., Alipour, K., Solgi, S., Irani, S., and Haddadpour, H. (2015), Investigation of surface stress effect in 3D complex nano parts using FEM and modified boundary Cauchy-Born method. J. Comput. Sci., 10:1-12.
- 88th GAMM Annual Meeting, Weimar, Germany (March 6-10, 2017).
- 89th GAMM Annual Meeting, Munich, Germany (March 19-23, 2017).
- ESMC10: 10th European Solid Mechanics Conference, Bologna, Italy (July 2-6, 2018).
- EUROMECH Colloquia 603: Dynamics of micro and nano electromechanical systems: Multi-field modelling and analysis, Porto, Portugal (September 5-7, 2018).
- 90th GAMM Annual Meeting, Vienna, Austria (February 18-22, 2019)
- International Conference on Nonlinear Solid Mechanics (ICoNSoM), Rome, Italy (June 16-19, 2019)
- CM4P, Porto, Portugal (July 15-17 2019)
|Indentation of graphene, and bending and twisting of carbon nanotubes
|Nonlinear modal analysis of adhesive graphene sheets, and carbon nanotubes
|Bending and twisting of carbon nanocones
Modified Boundary Cauchy-Born
|Relaxation of nanogear and nanopyramid