Prof. Florian Wellmann Ph.D.
Georesources and Materials Engineering
Junior Research Group Leader
Numerical Reservoir Engineering, Computational Geosicences, Uncertainty Quantification
Aachen Institute for Advanced Study in Computational Engineering Science (AICES)
RWTH Aachen University
email: wellmann (AT) aices (DOT) rwth-aachen (DOT) de
- 2008–2011 Postgraduate Study in Geology, School of Earth and Environment, University of Western Australia (UWA) Title: “Uncertainties have a meaning: quantitative interpretation of the relationship between subsurface flow and geological data quality”
- 08/2004 German Diplom in Geology and Palaeontology, Eberhard-Karls-University Tübingen, Germany, Specification "Geophysics" and "Applied Geosciences"
- 12/2003–08/2004 Research work at ETH Zürich as part of the Diplom thesis
Please see my Google Scholar profile for a list of publications.
- 12/2013–05/2014 Postdoctoral Fellow in Multiply Constrained 3D Geological Modelling at The Centre for Exploration Targeting (CET), The University of Western Australia (UWA), Perth, Australia
- 12/2011–12/2013 OCE Postdoctoral Fellow in the Physics of Geology at CSIRO Earth Science and Resource Engineering, Perth, Australia
- 10/2011–12/2011 Research Projects Officer at CSIRO Land and Water, Perth, Australia
- 08/2006–12/2007 Research assistant, Institute of Geothermal Resource Management (item), Mainz, Germany: 3-D geological modelling and geothermal simulations
- 08/2004–07/2006 Antarctic Overwintering Scientist, German Polar Institute (AWI), Bremerhaven, Germany: team member of 2005 overwintering team on German Antarctic Station (Neumayer II); responsible for geophysical observatory