Nikhil Vaidya M.Sc.
Advisor / Co. Advisor
Biophysics model development describing 3D energy-tissue interaction for thermal ablation treatments in cancer care
Aachen Institute for Advanced Study
in Computational Engineering Science (AICES)
Phone: +49 241 8099147
Email: vaidya [AT] aices.rwth-aachen.de
- since 06/2016: Doctoral Student at AICES Graduate School at RWTH Aachen University
- 11/2015: M.Sc. Simulations Sciences, RWTH Aachen University
- 04/2013: B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati, India
- since 06/2016: Marie Curie fellow at Philips Research, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- 12/2015 to 02/2016: Project Assistant at the Department of Earth and Climate Science, IISER Pune, India
- 09/2014 to 09/2015: Research Assistant at Institut für Kernphysik, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
- 05/2012 to 07/2012: Summer intern at ERK Eckrohrkessel GmbH, Berlin, Germany
Thermal therapy planning with focus on Radio-Frequency Ablation (RFA), bio-heat models, reduced order modeling
- N Vaidya. Combined Analysis of Stieltjes- and Lorenz-transformed Electromagnetic Response Functions of Light Nuclei. Masters thesis at Institut für Kernphysik, Forschunszentrum Jülich (Germany), November 2015.
- N Vaidya. Force Measurement for Hypersonic Applications. Bachelor's thesis at Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati (India), April 2013.