Robert O'Connor M.Sc.
Advisor / Co. Advisor
Reduced Basis Methods for the Analysis, Simulation, and Control of Noncoercive Parabolic Systems
- 10/2011 - 06/2018: Doctoral student at Aachen Institute for Advanced Study in Computational Engineering Science (AICES), RWTH Aachen.
- 02/2011 - 06/2011 Exchange Student, Department of Mathematics, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain.
- 09/2008 - 12/2010 Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA, USA.
- 09/2004 - 04/2008 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA, USA.
- Academic year 2006-2007: Study Abroad - Tecnológico de Monterrey, Monterrey, México.
- Academic year 2005-2006: Study Abroad - Nantes, France
Model-order reduction, Optimization, Control, Parameter Estimation/Tracking, machine learning, and Partial differential equations.
- O'Connor, R.; A Successive Constraint Approach to Solving Parameter-Dependent Linear Matrix Inequalities, C. R. Math., 2017.
- O'Connor, R.; Bounding Stability Constants for Affinely Parameter-Dependent Operators, C. R. Math., 2016, arXiv, PDF, Website.
- O'Connor, R.; Grepl, M.; Offline Error Bounds for the Reduced Basis Method, in Model Reduction of Parametrized Systems, Springer, 2017, Website,Preprint, PDF.
- O'Connor, R.; Lyapunov-based error bounds for the reduced-basis method, IFAC-PapersOnLine, Volume 49, Issue 8, Pages 1-6, 2016. Website. PDF
- O'Connor, R.; Reed, G.; Mao, Z. H.; Jones, A.; Improving Renewable Resource Utilization through Integrated Generation Management, Power and Energy Society General Meeting, 2010 IEEE. Website
- AC.CES 2017 (poster),
Aachen, Germany (July 27-28, 2017)
Odense, Denmark (January 11-13, 2017)
- Workshop on Optimal and Feedback Control of Differential Equations,
Konstanz, Germany (November 21-23, 2016)
- 2nd IFAC Workshop on Control of Systems Governed by Partial Differential Equations,
Bertinoro, Italy (June 13-15, 2016)
- MoRePaS 2015,
Trieste, Italy (October 13-16, 2015)
- Reduced Basis Summer School 2015,
Allensbach, Germany (September 14-18, 2015)
- Reduced Basis Summer School 2014,
Münster, Germany (August 18-22, 2014)
- AC.CES 2013 (poster),
Aachen, Germany (September 9-11, 2013)
- Reduced Basis Summer School 2013,
Kopp, Germany (Aug 20-23, 2013)
- GAMM Jahrestagung 2013,
Novi Sad, Serbia (March 18-22, 2013)
- Reduced Basis Methods Workshop 2012,
Freudenstadt, Germany (August 28-31, 2012)
- I am among the top 200 solvers (0.025%) on projecteuler.net.