Reza Ghaffari M.Sc.
Advisor / Co. Advisor
Continuum Mechanical Surrogate Models of Atomistic Surface Manifolds
AICES Graduate School
RWTH Aachen University
Phone: +49 241 80 99750
Fax: +49 241 80 628498
- Since 10/2015 Doctoral studies in Mechanical Engineering, Aachen Institute for Advanced Study in Computational Engineering Science, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- 09/2011 - 02/2012 M.Sc. in Aerospace Structures, Aerospace Department, Sharif University, Iran
- 09/2006 - 07/2010 B.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace Department, KNT-University, Iran
- Nonlinear continuum mechanics, finite element and thermoelasticity
- Computational contact (frictional & adhesive contact)
- Multiscale simulation
- Molecular mechanics and dynamics, and quantum mechanics
- Structural dynamics and vibration of continuous systems
- Isogeometric analysis (IGA)
- Plasticity and damage mechanics
- Ghaffari, R., Alipour, K., Solgi, S., Irani, S., and Haddadpour, H. (2015). Investigation of surface stress effect in 3D complex nano parts using FEM and modified boundary Cauchy-Born method, J. Comput. Sci., 10:1-12.
- Ghaffari, R., Duong, T. X., and Sauer, R. A. (2018). A new shell formulation for graphene structures based on existing ab-initio data, Int. J. Solids Struct., 135:37-60 , preprint.
- Ghaffari, R. and Sauer, R. A. (2018). Modal analysis of graphene-based structures for large deformations, contact and material nonlinearities, J. Sound Vib., 423:161-179, preprint.
- Ghaffari, R. and Sauer, R. A. (2018). A new efficient hyperelastic finite element model for graphene and its application to carbon nanotubes and nanocones, Finite Elem. Anal. Des., 146:42-61, preprint.
- 88th GAMM Annual Meeting, Weimar, Germany (March 6-10, 2017).
- 89th GAMM Annual Meeting, Munich, Germany (March 19-23, 2017).
- ESMC10 : 10th European Solid Mechanics Conference, Bologna, Italy (July 2-6, 2018).
- EUROMECH Colloquia 603 : Dynamics of micro and nano electromechanical systems: Multi-field modelling and analysis, September 5–7, 2018, Porto, Portugal.
|Indentation of graphene, and bending and twisting of carbon nanotubes
|Nonlinear modal analysis of adhesive graphene sheets, and carbon nanotubes
|Bending and twisting of carbon nanocones
Modified Boundary Cauchy-Born
|Relaxation of nanogear and nanopyramid
Continuum mechanical surrogate models of atomistic surface manifolds