AICES is a collaborative effort of 47 principal investigators from 8 academic divisions of RWTH Aachen University, as well as Max-Planck Institute for Iron Research Düsseldorf and Research Center Jülich.
Department of Mathematics (Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences)
- Mathematics (IGPM), N.N.
- Computational Nuclear Engineering, N.N.
- Group for Computational Mathematics,
- Optimization with Partial Differential Equations, Prof. Martin Grepl, Ph.D.
- Continuous Optimization, Prof. Dr. Michael Herty
- Numerical Mathematics Group, Prof. Dr. Siegfried Müller
- Numerical Mathematics Group, Prof. Dr. Sebastian Noelle
- Numerical Mathematics, Prof. Dr. Arnold Reusken
- Mathematics (CCES), Prof. Dr. Manuel Torrilhon
Department of Physics (Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences)
Department of Computer Science (Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences)
- Algorithmically-Driven Code Generation for High-Performance Computing Architectures, Prof. Paolo Bientinesi, Ph.D.
- Computer Graphics and Multimedia, Prof. Dr. Leif Kobbelt
- Virtual Reality, Prof. Dr. Torsten Kuhlen
- Software and Tools for Computational Engineering, Prof. Dr. Uwe Naumann
- Perfomance Analysis (German Research School for Simulation Sciences), N.N.
- High Performance Computing, Prof. Dr. Matthias Müller
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Technical Thermodynamics, Prof. Dr. André Bardow
- Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, Prof. Marek Behr, Ph.D.
- Combustion Technology, Dr. Bernd Binninger
- Computational Analysis of Technical Systems, Dr. Stefanie Elgeti
- Model-Based Fuel Design, Prof. Dr. Kai Leonhard
- Process Systems Engineering, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Marquardt
- Fluid Dynamics, Dr. Matthias Meinke
- Process Systems Engineering, Dr. Adel Mhamdi
- High-Order Methods, Prof. Georg May, Ph.D.
- Combustion Technology, Prof. Dr. Heinz Günter Pitsch
- Applied Supercomputing (German Research School for Simulation Sciences), N.N
- Computational Contact and Adhesion Mechanics, Prof. Roger A. Sauer, Ph.D.
- Fluid Mechanics, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schröder
- Data-Driven Modeling in Computational Engineering Science, Prof. Dr. Andreas Schuppert
Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering
- Applied Geophysics and Geothermal Energy, N.N.
- Microstructure Physics, and Metal Forming, Prof. Dr. Dierk Raabe, (joint affiliation with Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung)
- Material Mechanics, Prof. Dr. Bob Svendsen
- Theory and Simulation of Complex Fluids, Dr. Fatollah Varnik, (joint affiliation with Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung)
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Faculty of Medicine
- University Clinic Aachen (Helmholtz Institute for Biomedical Engineering), Dr. Ivan G. Costa
- Applied Medical Engineering (Helmholtz Institute for Applied Medical Engineering), Prof. Dr. Thomas Schmitz-Rode
- Cardiovascular Engineering (Helmholtz Institute for Applied Medical Engineering), Prof. Dr. Ulrich Steinseifer
Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung Düsseldorf