The AICES doctoral program is open to a limited number of extremely well-qualified students with a substantial background in their proposed field of study.
Bachelor´s degree holders applying for the Master´s program in CES should file their application to the faculty of Mechanical Engineering by July 15 for admission in winter semester and January 15 for admission in summer semester. Students who wish to pursue another Master´s program, for instance in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Material Sciences, need to fulfill the admission requirements of the respective departments. For further details, see Academics.
Applications from Master´s or Diplom degree holders applying for the research stage of the program are accepted continuously.
All selected applicants with Bachelor´s degree will receive a tuition benefit and a stipend of 649 Euro per month during the coursework phase, and a stipend of 2000 Euro per month during the three-year research phase.
All selected applicants with Master´s or Diplom degree will receive a stipend of 2000 Euro per month during the three-year research phase.
The stipend is tax-free.
RequirementsThe requirements for admission are:
- a recent Bachelor, Master or Diplom degree in CES, engineering, geoscience, mathematics, physics or computer science,
- evidence of English-language skills, and,
- a high quality of scholarship evident from transcripts and other application materials.
ProcedureTo apply, fill out the application form and mail it together with any supporting material electronically as PDF file(s) to:
RWTH Aachen University
Questions?See our list of frequently-asked questions first.
ChecklistBe certain you have:
- signed and completed the application form
- sent CV
- sent transcript(s) from universities you have attended
- statement of purpose
- sent TOEFL score or other evidence of English skills
- delivered three recommendation letter forms to persons selected by you
Candidates from outside the European Union applying to the course-based first year of the program should also include:
- GRE score (general and subject: math, computer science or physics)